News Police

Man shot, abducted

POLICE are investigating the abduction and shooting of a man from Yagoona last Thursday night.
Just before 11.30pm, police were called to Cooper Road, Yagoona, after a man had reportedly been assaulted and forced into a vehicle. Then, shortly after midnight, emergency services were called to McPherson Lane, Carlton, after reports a man had been injured. Police attended and found a 25-year-old man suffering gunshot wounds.
Another crime scene was also established in Bibby Street, Carlton, after police were called to a vehicle alight just before 12.30am.

Brothers face fraud charges
TWO brothers have been charged following investigations into allegations of fraud in Revesby earlier this year.
On Wednesday, June 19, a man attended Campsie Police Station to report fraudulent activity involving fraudulent invoices and large amounts of money being transferred from his bank account unlawfully.
An investigation was commenced by detectives from Campsie Police resulting in two men, aged 31 and 54, being identified.
Last Tuesday morning police arrested the two men at a home on Beaconsfield Street, Revesby, and a search of the home allegedly revealed stolen identification documents, eight boxes of ammunition, and several shopping bags containing more than $1 million in cash.
The older man was charged with knowingly dealing with the proceeds of crime, possessing ammunition without a licence and dealing with the proceeds of crime and the younger man was charged with knowingly deal with the proceeds of crime.

Armed, threatens neighbour
A 31-year-old man from Chester Hill has been charged with being armed with intent to commit indictable offence, stalk/intimidate, common assault and entering enclosed lands.
About 11.15am last Wednesday, the man allegedly armed himself with knives and timber before threatening his neighbour at an address on Wellington Road, Chester Hill.

Harassed triple zero 77 times
A MAN from Revesby allegedly contacted triple zero on 77 occasions making vexatious complaints over a seven-day period.
Police attended an address in Albert Street, Revesby, where the male denied making the triple zero calls. They allegedly contacted the mobile number listed by triple zero and the mobile phone rang in his hand. The 43-year-old was charged with making false call to emergency service and make vexatious call to emergency service.

• Anyone with information about this incident is urged to contact Crime Stoppers: 1800 333 000 or Information is treated in strict confidence.