Six charged after man hit twice in volley of shots

SIX men have been charged following an investigation into a shooting in Campsie last year.

About 9.20pm on Tuesday, September 12, police were called to a carpark on Canterbury Road in Campsie, where they found a 27-year-old man suffering two gunshot wounds to his head and chest.
Police were told the man had been in his vehicle in the carpark when he was approached by an unknown man, who allegedly fired two guns at him up to 12 times before fleeing the scene in a white Mercedes.
The injured man was treated by paramedics before being taken to hospital in a serious condition. He has since made a full recovery.
A short time later, a white Mercedes sedan crashed into a house on Kilkee Avenue in Kingsgrove, before catching alight. Police believe it been parked on Virgil Street in Greystanes several weeks prior to the shooting.
Shortly after locating the Mercedes, police then located a black Mazda CX-5 alight on Larien Crescent in Birrong and a blue BMW sedan alight on Leonie Crescent in Berala.
The following day, emergency services were called to a car fire in Agnes Banks, where police located what they believe was another getaway vehicle – a black Kia, and seven days later a final burnt out vehicle, a silver Nissan Pulsar, was located in West Pennant Hills.
Investigations under Strike Force Faux established all five burnt out cars were allegedly used as getaway cars in the shooting and subsequent burning out of the vehicles by up to seven people.
Following extensive inquiries, both firearms allegedly used in the shooting have been recovered and forensically examined.
Last Thursday about 5.30am, a 19-year-old man was arrested in North Parramatta, and a short time later a 22-year-old man was arrested nearby in Granville.
During a search of the North Parramatta property, detectives allegedly seized two gel blasters, two replica revolvers, two crossbows, a butterfly knife, knuckle dusters and 37 grams of a white powder.
The 19-year-old was charged with two counts of possessing an unauthorised pistol, while the 22-year-old was charged with shoot at with intent to murder, six counts of possess or use a prohibited weapon without a permit, and participate in criminal group.
Simultaneous to the first warrant, strike force detectives raided a home in Merrylands where they allegedly seized electronics, cannabis and over $3,000 cash, before charging a 20-year-old man with destroy etc property in company use fire etc >$5000, and a home in Greystanes where they allegedly seized a small amount of cannabis, clothing relevant to the investigation and a gel blaster, before charging 19-year-old man with shoot at with intent to murder, possess unauthorised prohibited firearm, destroy etc property in company use fire etc >$5000 and participate in a criminal group.
Investigations also led to an 18-year-old man being charged with destroy or damage property in company use fire etc >$5000 and a 19-year-old man charged with deliberately destroy/damage property by fire in company.
Investigations under Strike Force Faux continue.
Anyone with information that may assist investigators is urged to contact Crime Stoppers: 1800 333 000 or