News Police

Launch appeal for missing Mohamad

POLICE are seeking public assistance to locate a man missing from Villawood.

Mohamad Ardati, aged 34, was last seen in Villawood about 10.30pm on Friday, August 2.
He was seen getting into the passenger side of a light-coloured work van that left the area – he hasn’t been seen since.
He was reported missing by his wife, and Bankstown Police have commenced inquiries.
His bank account, mobile phone and social media accounts have not been accessed since his disappearance.
He was last seen wearing a black ‘Columbia’ hooded jacket, blue denim jeans and white ‘Nike’ shoes.
Officers are calling for anyone who may have information concerning the whereabouts of Mr Ardati, to contact police at Bankstown.
Anyone with information about this incident is urged to contact Crime Stoppers, 1800 333 000 or Information is treated in strict confidence.

Firearm, drugs in car
A MAN has been charged after police allegedly seized a loaded firearm and drugs during a vehicle stop in Riverwood last Tuesday.
About 10.50pm, police stopped the driver for random testing in Josephine Street, Riverwood.
The driver, a 26-year-old man, allegedly returned a positive result to methylamphetamine.
During a search of the vehicle, police allegedly located restricted prescription medication and a loaded firearm, which were seized to undergo forensic testing.
Police will allege in court that the man did not have a prescription for this medication.
The man was charged with possessing a prohibited drug (x3), possessing a loaded firearm in a public place, possessing an unregistered firearm in a public place, not keeping firearm safely – prohibited firearm, and possessing ammunition without holding licence/permit/authority.
Investigations are continuing.

Hold-up in car park
POLICE are investigating an armed robbery in a Bankstown carpark last Friday night.
About 7.15pm, two men, aged 22 and 18, were in a vehicle parked in a car park on Ross Street, when they were approached by five unknown males, wielding knives and a bat.
The males threatened the pair, took their phones and wallets, and ran away in a westerly direction through nearby gardens.
Investigators are now appealing for information for anyone who may have been in the area at the time of the incident and saw five males, only described as being of Pacific Islander/Maori appearance, aged in their 20s, and wearing black hooded jumpers and face coverings.

Arrest pair for brawl
TWO men aged 57 and 59 have been arrested and are assisting St George police with their investigations into an altercation in Josephine Street, Riverwood, last Friday.
Just after 9am, police responded to a report that there was an altercation between two men.
They also received reports that one of them may have been armed with a knife.
One of the men received minor injuries.
Investigations are continuing.

Boy assaults women
A TEENAGER has been charged with allegedly indecently assaulting three women in Wiley Park last month.
Following a police appeal for the public’s assistance, a 14-year-old boy attended Campsie Police Station last Thursday, where he was arrested.
Police will allege in court the boy indecently assaulted three women in separate incidents on public streets at Wiley Park on Wednesday, July 10 and Monday, July 15.
The boy was charged with sexually touch another person without consent (x3), and granted conditional bail to appear before a children’s court on Thursday, August 22.

Cops educate drivers
THE NSW Police Force has commenced Operation Merret, a three-month operation targeting motorists for dangerous behaviours and educating drivers on safe behaviour and encouraging those who are doing the right thing through positive reinforcement.