Investigate link in mobile phone theft

POLICE are investigating another two robberies targeting people selling mobile phones to an online marketplace.

In the first incident, about 6.45pm on Saturday, a 28-year-old man met with two males on Marlborough Road, Homebush West, who had contacted him regarding an online advertisement for a mobile phone.
After meeting the men, the victim was grabbed and punched to the stomach. The men then stole the phone and fled the scene in a silver/grey coloured four-wheel drive.
In a second incident, less than one hour later, a 22-year-old man and a 26-year-old woman, met two men on Kihilla Road, Auburn, in relation to a phone they had listed for sale online.
One of the men robbed the man of the phone, before a struggle ensued. During the struggle, the woman was bitten on her right hand by one of the offenders, causing superficial injuries.
The two men fled the scene.
In both incidents, one of the men is described as Mediterranean/Middle Eastern appearance, and the other is described as African appearance.
Police believe the incidents are linked.
Last month two men were assaulted by three others outside a unit in Merrylands where one of their friends was selling a phone. The trio, who were described as being of African appearance, stole two phones and a laptop computer before fleeing.
Anyone with information about this incident is urged to contact Crime Stoppers: 1800 333 000 or

Two stabbings shock
POLICE are investigating two horrific stabbings in two days in Granville.
About 7am last Wednesday, police were called to a home on Clyde Street, where they found a man suffering multiple stab wounds to his body.
Ambulance paramedics treated the man on the street before he was transported to Westmead Hospital in a stable condition.
It is believed the man was involved in an altercation with another man, who left the scene before the arrival of emergency services.
It is not known if the two men were known to each other.
Crime scenes were established, which were examined by specialist forensic officers and a number of items have been seized for forensic examination.
About 9.15am to following day, police were called to Boronia Street where they found 17-year-old suffering multiple wounds.
It is believed the teenager may have been stabbed inside a unit before making his way outside where he collapsed.
A witness who saw the teen covered in blood comforted him until paramedics arrived.
Police, with the assistance of Dog Unit and Polair, searched the area, including around Horlyck Reserve.
Det Supt Darryl Jobson said that from inquiries so far, it was believed that the incident was unlikely to be a random attack.
As inquiries continue, detectives are urging anyone with information to contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000. Information is treated in strict confidence.

‘Grab and run’ spate
FOUR teenagers, including two from Guildford West, have been arrested in early morning raids following a four-month investigation into a spate of ‘grab and run’ robberies from retailers across the Sydney metro area.
Police launched an investigation after six incidents in March involving groups of young men who allegedly stole laptop computers, smart phones, smart watches and other devices from retail electrical stores.
In May two teens, aged 14 and 15, were arrested at Guildford and Mount Druitt in relation to similar thefts, while another 15-year-old was arrested in relation to the alleged theft of a mobile phone from a George Street retail store on May 22.
Last month, police established Strike Force Arpen following three similar incidents at Artarmon, Top Ryde and Castle Hill on June 8.
On Tuesday morning, strike force detectives searched four locations across Guildford West, Northmead and St Marys and arrested four 16-year-old boys.