News Police

Charged over carjacking

Heavily armed police officers arrested a man at a home in Guildford last Wednesday before charging him with murder.

A MAN has been charged as police continue to investigate an alleged carjacking at Granville last Thursday morning.

Police will allege that about 1am, a 40-year-old man had parked his Subaru Forester on Sutherland Street in Granville when it was stolen at knifepoint by a group of men.
The Subaru was seen by police on Pitt Street, Parramatta a short time later, when a short pursuit was initiated and then terminated due to the dangerous manner of driving.
Patrolling police located the abandoned Subaru in Rosehill Street, Granville.
Following extensive inquiries, officers attached to Cumberland Police went to a home on Holdsworth Street, Merrylands, that same afternoon, where they arrested four males, aged 19, 17, and two aged 18.
A search warrant was executed at the home, with police seizing a number of items of interest.
The group were taken to Granville Police Station, where the 19-year-old man was charged with robbery while armed with an offensive weapon, dishonestly obtaining financial advantage etc by deception, and driving motor vehicle during disqualification period (2nd offence).
The remaining males were released pending further inquiries.
Anyone with information about this incident is urged to contact Crime Stoppers: 1800 333 000 or Information is treated in strict confidence.

Arrest second man for killing
HOMICIDE Squad detectives have charged a second man over his alleged role in the shooting murder of John Odisho in Five Dock earlier this year.
The 27-year-old man was arrested by heavily armed officers at a home in Guildford last Wednesday.
Emergency services were called to a unit on East Street, Five Dock, about 3.45am on Tuesday, April 2, after reports of shots fired. Officers found two men, both aged 24, suffering gunshot wounds.
NSW Ambulance paramedics treated both men at the scene before taking them to hospital, where Mr Odisho – who suffered a gunshot wound to his head – later died.
The man who suffered a gunshot wound to his shoulder has since been released.
About 4am the same day, a third man, aged 28, presented to Auburn Hospital suffering a gunshot wound to his stomach.
Detectives from the State Crime Command’s Homicide Squad and Burwood Police Area Command commenced an investigation under Strike Force Wesson.
As part of their inquiries, the 28-year-old man was charged with murder on Thursday, April 4. Following further inquiries, Strike Force Wesson detectives, with assistance from tactical operatives, arrested a 27-year-old man at a home in Guildford last Wednesday.
He was charged with murder, shoot at with intent to murder, and special aggravated break and enter and committing a serious indictable offence.
Police will allege in court that the man was involved in planning and supplying a firearm used in the murder.
Investigations under Strike Force Wesson continue.