Water restrictions hit
SYDNEY will have its first water restrictions imposed in almost a decade from this Saturday to help stem a rapid decline in the city’s reservoirs.
Water restrictions you must abide by:
• Your hose must have a trigger nozzle or wand with an instant on-off mechanism; water garden only before 10am or after 4pm.
• The use of sprinklers and watering systems is not permitted, except for drip irrigation systems or automated watering systems.
• You can’t leave a hose unattended, unless you are topping up a pool.
• Hosing hard surfaces like paths and driveways is not permitted. However, you can always spot clean areas for health and safety reasons.
• You can only wash vehicles, boats and buildings with a bucket, a hose fitted with a trigger nozzle.
• You will need a permit to fill a new or renovated pool greater than 10,000 litres and have a pool cover that is endorsed by the Swimming Pool and Spa Association of Australia.
For more info, visit lovewater.sydney.