Broke in, took cash, charity tins

Story appeared in: Torch | May 1st, 2018

A GREENACRE man has been charged with two counts of break and enter to steal after he was captured on CCTV. About 1am last Wednesday, CCTV footage captured the 35-year-old man using force to enter a Rawson Road store at Greenacre. Once inside, he removed a number of charity tins from the counter and cash from the register. About 4am last Thursday, the same man returned to the same store, using force again to gain entry. While inside, an employee arrived to begin their shift and disturbed the man, who fled. Last Friday, Bankstown police arrested the man at his Greenacre home.

Four hospitalised after accident
POLICE are investigating a serious crash in Greenacre last Thursday night.
About 10.30pm, emergency services were called to the intersection of Waterloo and Rawson roads following reports of a crash after a black Lexus and grey hatchback collided at the intersection. The impact of the crash threw a woman passenger from the grey hatchback. She was treated by NSW Ambulance paramedics before being taken to Liverpool hospital where she remains in a critical condition with head injuries. The passengers of the Lexus sedan, two men and a woman, were trapped in the vehicle for a period of time before being freed. They have also been taken to Liverpool hospital in a serious condition with head and abdominal injuries. Mandatory blood samples were taken from all involved parties for testing. Officers from the Metropolitan Crash Investigation Unit are investigating the circumstances of the crash.

Drunk brawlers on affray charge
TWO men have been charged with affray after Bankstown Police were called to a fight at Panania last Wednesday. Police received multiple calls reporting that two men were fighting in Cammarlie Street. On arrival, police found a 64-year-old intoxicated man with a laceration to his head. As police were speaking with witnesses, a 54-year-old man allegedly came out of a house, also intoxicated, swearing and threatening the 64-year-old man. Prior to any arrests being made, paramedics treated the two men. As a result both men, from Panania, were charged by police.

Men found trespassing in house
TWO men have been charged with entering enclosed lands without a lawful excuse after they were found in a Picnic Point house by police last Thursday. About 1.30am, Bankstown police went to the house in Apex Avenue after receiving information two men were trespassing. Police found a 19-year-old man from Milperra and a 22-year-old man from Picnic Point in the house. Both men admitted to not having permission to enter the house and were charged.

comments powered by Disqus
Publication: Torch | Section: news | Author: Mark Kirkland | Story ID: 136644 | Viewcount: 3608