Hit in head with beer bottle witness sought

Story appeared in: Review | April 9th, 2018

A MAN believed to be aged in his 40s was taken to hospital on Good Friday after allegedly being hit in the head with a beer bottle during an altercation at Clyde Railway Station.
Emergency services were called to the train station just after midnight after reports that a man had been assaulted.
After being treated on the scene, the injured man was taken to hospital in a stable condition.
Officers from Granville Police Station arrested three men found nearby, however two of the men were subsequently released and eliminated from the inquiry.
The investigation is continuing and anyone with information that may assist, is urged to contact CrimeStoppers on 1800 333 000.

Second teen charged
A 16-YEAR-OLD boy from Auburn is the second teenager charged in relation an alleged robbery in Parramatta on April 1.
A 55-year-old man was walking along Robertson Street at 9pm when he was allegedly approached by two youths armed with scissors.
Police will allege the boys pushed the man to the ground and attempted to take his bag but ran away when a nearby resident came to his assistance.
On Thursday, police searched a home in South Parade and arrested the teenager before charging him with assault with intent to rob in company and two counts of common assault.
A 17-year-old boy arrested earlier in the week has also been charged in relation to the incident and remains before the courts.

Two serious smashes
TWO serious road accidents in Auburn and Lidcombe kept emergency services busy last week.
Shortly before 10am on Thursday, Ambulance NSW paramedics were called to Mary Street in Auburn after a pedestrian suffered what was described as a "near amputation" after allegedly being hit by a car.
The man was taken to Westmead Hospital in a serious but stable condition, while the female car driver, believed to be aged in her 60s, was also taken to Auburn Hospital suffering chest pains.
On Friday afternoon in Lidcombe, paramedics also treated a motorcyclist who was left lying on the bonnet of a car after a collision near the corner of Church and Joseph streets.
The 53-year-old man also suffered leg injuries and was taken to Westmead Hospital in a serious condition.

comments powered by Disqus
Publication: Review | Section: news | Author: Kim Palmer | Story ID: 136172 | Viewcount: 4822